The week wasn’t 1/2 bad either. Not too much bickering from the kiddos. A couple of play dates with friends, and then two weeks days with Dad made for a fun week. The only day that the weather didn’t cooperate was on Tuesday – and the rains came down.
We did okay though, had a movie day inside.
Photography business is going well. I’m enjoying capturing other peoples blessings. Anyway I can help to preserve a memory in time is a blessing to me.
I did decide to get the week started off well. All of Hannah’s clothes for the week have been selected and folded neatly into a pile. All this week’s meals have also been planned. Stephen will head to the grocery store later. I’m thankful that he will go for me. I dread the grocery store.
I also dread little girls with big bad attitudes. We have been really working on how we talk to Mommy and Daddy. She doesn’t seem to give any other adults the ‘tude. Just her parents. And it’s unacceptable.
Overall, we’re having a great Spring. I cannot wait for the wildflowers to be in full bloom. We’ve seen them start to spring up here and there. Austin is going to be beautiful – which is great since last year they were a flop.
Let’s see if I can wrap up the past few months.
- It snowed in Austin for the first time since 2003. We had record lows in January (for my birthday) but only got snow once.
- Preschool has been so much fun. I’m enjoying getting to know not only my students and their families, but also the parents and children in Cayden’s class. It’s nice to have friends with children of the same age.
- Hannah has been loving first grade. She’s doing really well and even wrote and illustrated a book. One of these days, I’ll get around to scanning it for all to read. She loves to write me notes and draw.
- Hannah finished her marathon in February and got her medal. I’m so proud of that girl. She really worked hard. And she wants to run more. Of course, she also wants to be a figure skater when she grows up.
- Cayden loves to sing and dance. He is a little obsessed with Phineas and Ferb as well as Alvin and the Chipmunks. In fact, for his birthday this year, we’re having a Chipmunk Party. He had the opportunity to see Sesame Street Live with his Mammaw. He loved it!!
- We got a “new” couch, a new refrigerator, and new thresholds for our living room floors. I love them all. I also finished painting the kitchen. Now all we need to do is add some bead board. One day, when we have $$.
- We also got a new dog. So now our family no longer outnumbers the animals. We are even. She’s a sweetheart Chihuahua named Sesi who meshes very well with our family.
- Hannah learned to cross the monkey bars without any help. This is a HUGE since in February she wasn’t able to do it. Of course, Daddy gave her a buck for doing it. The power of a dollar.
- Cayden runs around with no pants on a daily basis (he does have underwear on). He also insists on wearing it backwards because he can see the “picture” on them. Of course, the one photo I have of him and he’s got them on the right way.
- I started running again (TODAY). I want to run a 1/2 marathon at the beginning of next year and need to really get into shape. But I have a great new friend who is going to run right along with me after her precious baby girl is born. I’m excited to have a running buddy.
- And for once, I see the light at the end of this weight loss tunnel. I’m hoping to lose 30 lbs by Summer’s end. I’ve got more to lose, but 30 lbs is a start.
This blog is dedicated to Traci.